Discover the “hands on” difference!
When you experience pain or injury, the natural defense mechanism is guard your body to protect itself. That is why some pain lingers on and you can’t figure out why it’s not getting any better. It is essential that you regain movement in your body before the healing process starts. Hands-on manual therapy can help you start your road to recovery from your pain, injury or weakness.
Within the physical therapy profession, manual therapy is defined as a clinical approach utilizing skilled, specific hands-on techniques, including but not limited to manipulation/mobilization, used by the physical therapist to diagnose and treat soft tissues and joint structures.
Sukie’s manual therapy approach is a gentle blend of:
- Trigger point therapy
- Joint mobilization
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Mobilization with movement
- Massage therapy
- Muscle energy technique
- Manual lymphatic drainage
Manual therapy can be used on soft tissue and joints to:
- Diagnose soft tissues and joint structures restriction
- Increase range of motion (ROM)
- Modulate pain
- Reduce or eliminate inflammation/swelling
- Relax muscle guarding/trigger points
- Improve contractile and non-contractile tissue repair
- Increase muscle extensibility, and/or stability
- Facilitate normal movement
- Improve function
Give us a call today to start your road to recovery! (772) 342-1020